Deb and I did some wandering over the past 14 years: New Cumberland; Raleigh; Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head, SC; Summerfield and Hudson, FL; Portland; Bainbridge Island, WA; Orient Beach, St. Martin; Montpellier, France; and now Alicante, Spain. We sold homes, gave away furniture and cars, downsized and lived out of backpacks and suitcases. Currently we're in Alicante, Spain, where we plan to settle (for awhile). I poked this long-dormant blog awake so I could chronicle our attempts to learn to live in a foreign land. Let's see what happens.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Easily distracted

In March after leaving the condo we rented in Myrtle Beach we drove to Hanover, Pa., to visit our families for the month of April. That visit was extended a month for various reasons, and we ended up getting to our next rental, in Spruce Creek Country Club, Summerfield, Fl., in June.

And I got distracted.

We played tennis and swam. We visited Gainesville, Ocala and Sarasota. We dodged alligators in Paynes Prairie and tested our circus skills at the Ringling Museum. I wrote 250 pages of my next novel and all of a sudden it was the end of October and our lease was ending. We packed up, drove north and unpacked in a condo on Hilton Head Island Thursday.

I don't like long blog entries, so I'll get this travelogue up to date in baby-sized steps.

Here's what is coming:
  • Slouching toward Florida. Leaving Hanover in June, we made stops at two Del Webb communities and one resort in South Carolina.
  • A Florida oasis. Life in a gated country club is sweet, but isolated.
  • Panic attack. We don't know where we're going to live in a few months.
  • More heat. The temperature dipped below 80. We need to move even farther south.
  • Anyone for polo? We never expected to find polo in a 55+ community.


That's what I'm planning ... unless I get distracted by the clay tennis courts here.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete