Deb and I did some wandering over the past 14 years: New Cumberland; Raleigh; Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head, SC; Summerfield and Hudson, FL; Portland; Bainbridge Island, WA; Orient Beach, St. Martin; Montpellier, France; and now Alicante, Spain. We sold homes, gave away furniture and cars, downsized and lived out of backpacks and suitcases. Currently we're in Alicante, Spain, where we plan to settle (for awhile). I poked this long-dormant blog awake so I could chronicle our attempts to learn to live in a foreign land. Let's see what happens.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Granada, Nicaragua?

I got an email offer from International Living this week to compete for a month-long "test-drive" of life in Granada, Nicaragua. To win it we need to put together a YouTube video explaining why we should be the winners. We put it together and as soon as the kids give it the OK I'll post it and provide a link.

In other news ... we have a few weeks here in Myrtle Beach, then a month of wandering among family in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and New York, and then off to Summerfield, Florida to a 55+ community for six months.

After that? Maybe Nicaragua.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Jerry! Great to read about your adventures. We loved Brookgreen Gardens. Thirty years ago, it was Guadeloupe you wanted to settle in. We have traveled to many of the Caribbean Islands and liked Barbados. The devastating poverty wasn't as obvious there and I don’t think that island is affected by hurricanes. I heard Costa Rica is nice and I know the Bahamas are beautiful. I have a friend who lives in Grenada. I don’t think the visa “stuff” is as much of a headache if you live in St. Thomas. Not sure if you need one at all. While you are traveling around, Dallas has a great museum (best ever) all about Kennedy’s assassination. Wouldn’t want to live there…way too hot. San Diego is awesome. If I could live anywhere, it would be there. Travel up the coast to see the sea lions near La Jolla. Erin lives in The Netherlands now if you want to take a tour through Europe. “Hi” and a hug to Deb. Miss you both. Let us know where you land and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete